Sebastian brings a climate lens to the Surrey Connect team. His extensive knowledge of municipal environmental policy was gained as president of Force of Nature, a volunteer organisation dedicated to advancing municipal environmental policy across Metro Vancouver. He has also been engaging the city on housing, ethics, and democracy for the past four years and wants to see Surrey as a leader in those areas, not an outcast. He also brings with him a background in Political Science, doing his undergraduate degree at SFU and his graduate work at the University of Victoria.
Sebastian’s priorities will be:
- implementation of the Climate Change Action Strategy
- smart density in the Official Community Plan
- Bear Creek Park protection
- Green City Fund restructuring
- accessible and ethical government