Brenda’s track record includes building partnerships, resulting in SFU and E-Division being in Surrey. She was a Member of the Legislature, the Minister of State for Mental Health & Addictions, Executive Director of the RMT Association and the BC Liquor Retailers Association, as well as several board positions. As a Councillor for the last 4 years, she supported the Harmony Apts, the Cloverdale arena, and other community sport and leisure infrastructure projects.
As Mayor she will:
- bring ethics and integrity back to Surrey
- reduce wait times for permits
- put public safety first by increasing the fire service and retaining the RCMP
- put residents at the center of all decision making
- ensure fiscal transparency and accountability and advocate for Surrey’s fair share of provincial & federal funding